Friday, January 11, 2008

Wheres Wendy?

Last Saturday I got a call from Colby telling me Wendy's appendix burst and was having emergency surgery. You know its an emergency when Wendy doesnt post for more than 3 days.

In true oldest sister fashion I raced up to flagstaff to "save" her. However in true arnett irrationalism I failed to check the weather. We arrived in my hybrid (translation no guts) prius on Sunday morning just as the storm of the decade started. I had not planned on staying the night just a quick visit. With out a change of clothes or more importantly a toothbrush we stayed the night. Me , Heidi and my mom. Colby's mom already was there. The next morning we woke up to 4 feet of snow and an angry city worker. Flagstaff penal code 11123 no parking on street when snow storm in progress , it impeads the snow plows. This kind city worker informed us we would have to dig out my car and move it. He didnt care how just do it. Many of you may not know but Wendy is also moving this week to her new monster beautiful house. She is to modest to brag. Consequently the snow shovel was at the new house not the condo. So Heidi and I had to improvise.

We started out with a storage bucket to remove the snow. Finally a neighbor took pity on us and loaned us his snow shovel and watched us in our inexperience try to shovel the packed snow. It was quite the site. I would have more pictures but alas I was digging.
After all that hard work me and Heidi decided to take a dive into the snow. It was kind of fun.




Anyhow I how I hope Wendy gets better, move into her new house and starts posting. This is alot of pressure to take her place in the blogesphere.

4 comments:

Arnett's said...

Yesss! I have been waiting for one of you to post about the trip! I cant believe how much snow there was! So how long did you wait to brush your teeth?

Dana said...

I hope Wendy recovers soon. I do miss her posts! Thanks Chea for letting us all know how she is doing. Keep us posted.

Kim Skinner said...

Oh my! I can't believe all of that. I was seriously wondering what was going on? Had the world ended I just didn't get invited? I hope Wendy is feeling better. You and Heidi should film a promotional commercial for Rubbermaid showing use #14560 for their storage containers.

Priceless Heritage said...

You had a very eventful time! You and Heidi are such great sisters! email me- scrappydel@yahoo.com to add you to my blog- Del