Friday, September 7, 2007

A birthday gift from a G.A.'s sister

Notice the height


This summer I attended a reception for one of my former laurels who happened to marry Richard G. Scott nephew. Impressive I know. However this is not the best part. I went to this soree' with a really close friend of mine. So we are going through the culturally aproved reception line. Which is always painful for me when I introduce myself .
Me:" Hi I am Chea"
Reception line person: What Chee, Shea ,...
Me:"Never mind." So as to avoid this all to fun repretoire I simply say
Me:Nice to meet you. I wont even trouble you with my name it is to hard to pronounce.
Former sister scott:( sister to richard) says "try me. "
Me: It's Chea.
Former Sis Scott: "Oh" and she looks at my dear friend (former model) "why did you choose that name. "
She thought my friend was my mother.
Me:Your to kind
Randa(the former model):"Those are my children! "pointing at the youngsters behind us.
Former Sister Scott: "Oh I just thought because your so tall..."


I dont think there is any recovering from this for The former Sister Scott. However I loved every minute of it and have relished in it since. I never thought the time would come that being 5" 1 3/4 versus being 5"9 would be something I prefered. So for all of you out there over 5 1 3/4 you are officially older than me. You know your so much taller. Its gospel. Its from a G.A. 's sister.
Randa: "No way that just happened"
Me: "Way"

1 comment:

missy said...

hahahahaha.... I remember hearing that story!!! It is probably one of my favorites! wow I love you guys!!!