Monday, October 27, 2008

pumkin carving extravaganza!!














I used to go all out for Holidays. I would decorate boutique style. I think I did to much too soon. But I still have maintained the carving pumpkins traditions.

I feel a little guilty, I dont think Taryn has ever been to a pumpkin patch. Some of my best photos are of my girls at the Pumpkin Patch in Young. Yes I drove 2.5 hours for a photo opp with 3 young girls under 6. Another time Chan I drove to Wilcox from here. Needless to say I like the idea of picking my pumpkin from the actual farm even though they ship most of them in .

So Saturday night I asked Taryn if she wanted to pick out her own pumpkin at Frys. She said Nah she would rather stay in the car with Wayne. She doesnt know what she is missing.

However it turns out Taryn is not the only one deprived of Halloween festivities. When I invited one of our dear friend over for the festivities she replied with " I dont think I have ever carved a pumpkin"

On the other side of the spectrum is our other dear friend who turns out to be a plethora of knowlegde when it comes to Pumpkin carving. Did you know that if you grease the inside with vaseline it stays longer(doesnt mold to a mess on your porch) I for one like o wait for that then kick them in to the flower bed as mulch. you know dust to dust. If your interested he is writing a pumpkin carving pamplet for next year. So here are the masterpieces and yes that is Snow White, Little Mermaid and the disney castle as well as a Clone warrior.

As with any party at my house it turned into a singing and dance party. Oh ya

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

chea! i get so sad when i see this stuff! :( we use to be there with you guys doing all that fun stuff! then when we moved you just went and replaced us! :( haha. just teasin! but i really do miss all you guys! looks like you all had fun!

Chea said...

now im crying. its not the same with out your family

{Frances} said...

ok whoever made the little mermaid must have cheated! or else they are really good.