Sunday, October 28, 2007

The 3 P's

I must admit I am quite fascinated with disasters. I think there is a word for this. When the tsunami hit India I surfed the net for pictures and video. Hurricane Katrina I found myself wanting to go see and document the mess. Now with the fires of Southern California I find myself again drawn. I think my social studies teacher in high school called it Morbid curiosity. During my quest for coverage of the fires I was listening to Denis Praguer (one of the wisest people on the planet) he said when people are confronted with fire they save three things People, Pets, and Pictures. Pictures hold our memories and in the end we are our memories.
As I think about this I would definitely grab my hard drive and mental note I need to get my film scanned. So I asked Wayne which pictures would he save. He said he would back out the cars. I'm pretty sure he didn't understand the question. At least I hope he didn't. So Which pictures would you save?

This photo is one of my favorites. Now that's one less I have to scan. They say the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.



Thanks Aunt Pam. She is the original photojournalist.

5 comments:

wendy said...

I asked Blue who these two people were and he said, "Chea and I think Wayne, but he has pretend hair on."

Arnett's said...

I could ask my aunt and uncle for up close pictures to feed your need for distruction. They were evacuated for a few days. And that pictures is awesome!! Get a fire safe. Then put birth certs, ss cards, cds with pictures, spending cash etc, in it then you have all the important things just in case you are not home to gather them.

Rose said...

Yea, my beach house was destroyed too, and it was almost done. Think of the family vacations we could have had. Oh the pictures we could have taken.

Kim Skinner said...

chea,i remember your wedding. i remember my pink puffy sleeve bridesmaid dress too! :) i just started a blog and my family one too.

Lindsay Nichole said...

haha hard to remember wayne with hair right?!