Sunday, October 21, 2007

Installment 2

Well before I can move on to installment 2: I forgot to mention the most unlikely job I have held was ambulance attendant. Yes thats right I worked for southwest ambulance. It was quite a sight seeing me (all 105 lb and much much younger) lift a gurney with a 200lb plus nursing home resident who desperately need to be transported to a hospital for various testing or treatment. At times we did get to use our siren and I was designated map person. This was me "ok turn right wait no turn left , I think we better back up this road dead ends" This was how our emergency went down. I think I got to use the ambu bag once. Thats where you squeeze the bag of air to keep a person alive. crazy huh. I did however get to meet some nurses who on occasion would travel with us in case we had to push meds. This is when I thought I would have liked to be a nurse.
I did not become a nurse but I did get hired at the emergency room as a tech. Tech is a big word for speciman emptier or carrier and vitals taker. Also my responsibilities included applying pressure to "pumpers" . This is a wound that wont stop bleeding. I got to apply pressure until the doc could properly suture. Oh yeah did I mention I worked nights. The freaks really do come out at night. When I would get home at 7:00 am Wayne would often tell me you smell like beer and blood. I wonder why?
Next place I have lived. that will be long I may sum up.
Enough about me. Did I mention that Jessica went to state finals for swimming. Her relay team pr and took 4 seconds off their best time. I am so proud. Not only does she do aerobic activity but she does it oxygen deprived. amazing!!


5 comments:

Rose said...

Hoorah Hoorah Jess.

Arnett's said...

Yay for Jess.

Anonymous said...

Hello I'd love to thank you for such a great quality site!
Just thought this is a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Laurence Todd
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/fathers-day-party-supplies.html]fathers day Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hi There I'd love to thank you for such a great made site!
Was thinking this would be a nice way to make my first post!
The best way establish wealth it is usually a clever belief to start a savings or investing procedure as soon in life as obtainable. But don't worry if you have not thought of saving your capital until later on in life. With the help of hard work, that is experimenting the best investment vehicles for your capital you can slowly but surely increase your property so that it measures to a big amount by the time you want to retire. Watch all of the applicable asset classes from stocks to real estate as investments for your money. A knowledgeable and diversified portfolio of investments in various asset classes may help your money mature throughout the years.

-Avis Christon
[url=http://urwealthy.com]currency conversion [/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike