Friday, June 29, 2007

Summer, Sleeping in, and Swimming

So summer is supposed to be all about sleeping in and swimming. Well we have been doing alot of the later. Not much sleeping in. The girls are on a swim team and diving team in mesa. Here is the kicker it is at 5:30 in the morning. This means we have to get up at 4:50am to roll out to mesa a 1/2 hour away. My mom and Wayne (my kids best defense team against the nazi mom) think I am crazy for "making" them do this. I have a wise aunt who says "Hard is good...it will build your character. I once knew someone who died from doing that." Aunt Candy
Well they have not died and surpisingly they often wake me up to go. There is nothing like getting up and doing something productive. You know how I feel about idleness. (got that from mom)
So here is my christmas in July letter.

Jessica has got 2 1st place in backstroke and freestyle. We call her 2nd place in backstroke 1st because it was against a boy team.




Jancy has got a couple 1st place in dive and 2nd and 1st in swim. They all run together all I know is I am still scared of the high dive.



Tana has a beautiful front tuck flip dive (is that the name) I am still learning the lingo. She is very inspiring with her perserverance. Some things take a lot of practice. She has really improved



Taryn has learned a lot of new dives as well for her young age. She has only slapped twice off the boards. Once of the 3meter. She only cried for 5 minutes loudly. Management thought something horrible happened. She is the youngest for a reason. She seems to have fun and like it.





p.s speaking of practice I need some sports photograpy practice , and a new lens :)
its for the kids.

5 comments:

wendy said...

i love it! i am so jealous, it brings back a lot of good memeories.

busbyfam.blogspot.com said...

I dont think you are crazy. Making my children do something was not best quality as a mother. Im still strugling with that be patient. Tour kids will love you for all their talents.

Rose said...

while you have your new camera I have some nieces and a nephew I would like to introduce you to. as they are not on your computer where you store all the other cousins pictures. there names are Dakota, Cy, and Josie. and I must say they are as cute as any of those little gremlins you have taken pictures of....dare i say cuter?

cathy said...

I love looking at the pictures every day. They all are FIRST place winners.

Arnett's said...

I am going to put our family though the same stuff. I cant wait to complain about getting up for swim practice. And your right ... I suck at spelling!